Business Banking Analyst
- - Credit Department
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. Since our inception, we have targeted customers and acquisitions primarily in the Dallas Metropolitan area. We have expanded to 22 locations including a mortgage office. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success.
In 2017, we were recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to work in Dallas by The Dallas Morning News as well as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!
The Business Banking Analyst is responsible for analyzing small business loan requests to determine the applicant's creditworthiness. Additionally, the Business Banking Analyst acts as a lead to the Business Banking Specialists and assistant to the CSBC Manager.
Essential Job Function/Responsibility:
• For each assigned loan request, assure compliance with banking regulations governing consumer and small business lending including Reg. B and Fair Lending.
• Analyze personal and business tax returns, financial statements, and credit reports to determine an applicant's capacity to repay. Conduct cash flow analysis (business and personal) and other financial analysis based on the bank's underwriting guidelines for small business loans. Research industry and market trends relative to the applicants' loan requests and incorporate findings into a credit memo when appropriate.
• Prepare documents necessary to evidence the credit decision (loan approval worksheet or denial forms, loan agreement worksheet, credit memo, etc.) and obtain signatures of lender and credit officer.
• Maintain activity logs for each loan request (tracking log, loans not originated log, underwriting exceptions log, etc.).
• Provide expertise in regard to consumer and small business loan processing to lending officers and lending assistants; respond to questions about pricing, products, requirements for pre-approval items such as financial statements and tax returns and other inquiries.
• On an as-needed basis, spread applicant's business financial statements and tax returns using Cash Insight or other bank standard software.
• Complete annual mandatory compliance training and other training as assigned.
• BA or MBA in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 12 hours in accounting, including intermediate accounting.
• Minimum two years of experience in a position directly related to credit and lending such as business banking specialist or loan assistant. Small business and consumer underwriting training or experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of spreading software such as CASH Insight or Moody's.
• Thorough understanding of Regulation B, Regulation Z, and all bank policies related to these Regulations.
• Competent in MS Excel and Word.
• Familiarity with Jack Henry loan and deposit system.
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage time to complete multiple tasks.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead and train.
• Highly motivated and self-starter.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working conditions.
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities to aid in their ability to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job- related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Veritex Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.