- - Credit Department
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. Since our inception, we have targeted customers and acquisitions primarily in the Dallas Metropolitan area. We have expanded to 22 locations including a mortgage office. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success.
In 2017, we were recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to work in Dallas by The Dallas Morning News as well as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!
The Underwriting Officer is responsible for providing credit decision makers with the in-depth, independent risk analysis necessary for making informed credit decisions.
Essential Job Function/Responsibility:
• Underwrite the creditworthiness of prospective and existing borrowers, particularly in the larger dollar and more complex credits to assist lenders and credit decision-makers in determining loan eligibility. Ensure appropriate credit underwriting, reliable risk assessment, and credit loss minimization consistent with credit policy and regulatory requirements.
o Financial statement analysis including UCA cash flow.
o Guarantor analysis.
o Borrowers' repayment ability.
o The Bank's collateral position.
o Industry analysis.
• Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
• Suggest an asset quality rating based on relationship review. Compile an accurate relationship profitability analysis as directed by corporate policy.
• Bachelor's degree or Bachelor of Science in related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 5 – 7 years' experience in credit underwriting or related experience.
• Some experience related to the underwriting of loans using the SBA 7A, Express and 504 loan programs, as well as the USDA B&I program preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of non-borrowing products.
• Strong underwriting skills handling moderate to complex credits.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working conditions.
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities to aid in their ability to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Veritex Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.