Government Guaranteed Lending Business Development Officer
- - SBA Lending Department
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. Since our inception, we have targeted customers and acquisitions primarily in the Dallas Metropolitan area. We have expanded to 22 locations including a mortgage office. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success.
In 2017, we were recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to work in Dallas by The Dallas Morning News as well as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!
The Government Guaranteed Lending Business Development Officer (GGLBD) will manage a portfolio of customers, develop strategies to sell products and services, and develop new business relationships. This position will work closely with the branches and other internal partners to promote SBA and other products...
Essential Job Function/Responsibility:
Sales and Marketing
• Identify qualified potential SBA customers.
• Initiate business development efforts to establish a banking relationship.
• Identify needs and make product recommendations to new and existing customers.
• Maintain high level of knowledge of the bank's products and services.
• Represent the bank at community functions and organizations to develop additional business.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of bank operations, procedures and regulations.
• Provide high level of customer service.
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent of education and work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years commercial banking experience...
• Proven sales skills with demonstrated success.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow-up.
• Wide range of knowledge of banking and the local market.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to travel throughout market area.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working conditions.
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities to aid in their ability to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Veritex Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.