Residential Appraisal Job Manager
- - Credit Department
- Houston, Dallas or Virtual, TX, USA
- Full Time
Veritex Holdings Inc. is a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Veritex Community Bank, a state-chartered bank, we provide relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and professionals. Since our inception, we have targeted customers and acquisitions primarily in the Dallas Metropolitan area. We have expanded to 22 locations including a mortgage office. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization. The quality of our employees and their dedication to service is what separates us from other banks of any size. We strive to attract and retain exceptional employees who share our commitment to superior customer service, continued growth and organizational success.
In 2017, we were recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to work in Dallas by The Dallas Morning News as well as one of the Best Banks to Work for in the US by The American Banker!
The position is part of the Credit Department under the division of REVS (Real Estate, Environmental, Equipment, and Business Valuation Services). Position reports to the Chief Appraiser. Primary functions of the position are to manage all bidding/engaging of all single family (including 1-4 family) residential appraisal requests; approve all related invoicing; provide compliance reviews as required by FIRREA and Green Bank Policy; and, provide Internal Evaluations for residential requests as allowed by Green Bank Policy.________________________________________
Essential Job Function/Responsibility:
This position will be involved with specifically the single family residential (including 1-4 family) appraisal and/or valuation services provided by REVS with specific duties described as follows:
• Tracking/Log Maintenance of all new requests
o Work with REVS Administrative Manager to maintain/record receipt of all residential
o appraisal (valuation) requests
o Follow up with lenders for additional documentation required for all requests submitted.
o Work with REVS Administrative Manager to track/log all residential requests
o Work with REVS Administrative Manager to create and organize files (or on-line folders) for all residential assignments to allow appropriate follow-up on outstanding reports and final close-out after reports have been reviewed and accepted.
• Invoicing Process
o Approve and submit all invoicing for vendor services to REVS Administrative Manager for submission to Accounts Payable.
o Forward and assist with any reconciliation of unpaid vendor invoices.
• Bidding/Engagement/Review Process
o Manage all residential appraisal requests to include sending out Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to appraisers and monitor for response.
o Send notice of appraisal process results including anticipated fee and delivery date to lenders.
o Track engagements with appraiser including sending out appropriate engagement documentation.
o Maintain "Out Look" Calendar tracking for delivery dates of all residential mortgage engagements with notices to be sent to applicable lenders.
o Conduct appropriate level of Compliance Review (either Technical or Administrative via form) upon receipt of each appraisal.
o Work with appraisers to correct any errors for final approval of appraisal.
o Work with the Chief Appraiser to resolve any values issues/concerns.
• Residential Internal Evaluations
o Conduct all Residential Internal Evaluation requests known as "AVMs" as allowed by Green Bank Policy.
o Work with REVS Administrative Manager to track AVM requests.
o Maintain "Out Look" Calendar tracking for delivery dates of all Residential AVM requests.
• Vendor Service Provider List
o Contribute feedback to the Chief Appraiser concerning the Residential Appraiser Service Provider List
o Regularly monitor list for compliance purposes to include checking current state certification status of approved residential appraisers.
• College or Associate Degree.
• Five or more years of residential appraisal experience.
• Texas State Residential Certification or License or demonstrate strong knowledge of USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice).
• Three to five years of banking residential appraisal review experience and/or contract appraisal review experience.
• Must have intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
• Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Must have good problem analysis and resolution skills.
• Must have strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Must be able to interface with users/customers.
Licenses/Certifications: Residential Certification is preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working conditions
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities to aid in their ability to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Veritex Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.